Every human being in this world faces a variety of challenges, which affect their personal growth, emotional well-being, and success in life. Conflicts and problems often arise which prevent individuals from reaching their full potential. People, regardless of their age group, professional status, financial status etc. often find that their way of solving their problems is not working out for them. They may find, for example, that talking to friends or relatives about their concerns does not seem particularly helpful in the long run.
In response to this need, Psychological Counselling emerged. People of any age can grow and profit from the experience of Personal Counseling. There is no "wrong" time to begin.RMCC provides counselling service on:
- Child Counselling
- Parent-child Counselling
- Emotional Management
- Anger Management
- Study & Stress Handling
- Relationship Counselling
- Social Skills
- Personality enhancement and confidence building
- Self-esteem and body image issues
- Lack of motivation
What is Personal Counseling ?
Personal counseling is a process of self-discovery and growth. It can help increase self-confidence, improve relationships, solve problems, achieve educational goals, and make good decisions for emotional, intellectual, physical, and spiritual well-being.
It is a platform to consider one's emotional health and fulfilment, to examine one's relationships and activities, to learn how to resolve personal problems or to talk with someone not personally involved with a situation who can give feedback from a different perspective. In this way, one can learn new skills and ways of looking at situations and become more capable of solving problems in the future.
There is a common myth that so-called 'mad' people go for personal counseling. It is, therefore, necessary to mention here that counseling is a process of growth and self-discovery and is hence, meant for mentally healthy and normal individuals.
Our counsellors at Ramdhar Maheshwari Counseling Centre (RMCC) use various therapeutic techniques like NLP, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT therapy), Behavioral Therapy, REBT, and Gestalt techniques, to enable the client to develop his personality and reach his maximum potential.
When to Seek Personal Counseling Services ?
Our Counseling Psychologists provides support for a countless number of issues. While counselling might be helpful in numerous situations, there are some conditions in which we would particularly advise you to seek personal counseling services:
- You are unable to concentrate on your work or studies (School, College or Office) or other activities
- You have difficulty interacting with people
- You are anxious in social situations
- You have a phobia of public speaking
- You do not like the way you look
- You do not feel good about yourself or your life
- You have a very pessimistic way of looking at the world and other people
- You just experienced the loss of a loved one, in the form of death, separation, distance or break-up
- You are unhappy on most days or feel a sense of hopelessness
- You worry excessively on small matters
- You have increased your use of alcohol or other drugs (including cigarettes)
- You are having thoughts about hurting yourself or someone
- You are unable to sleep at night or constantly feel tired
- You have experienced a change in your appetite or your weight or regular habits
- You have had experience with sexual assault, relationship violence, stalking, abuse, or other trauma
- You are facing adjustment issues such as homesickness, academic problems, and difficulty in relationships
- You are clouded with questions/confusion about identity, self-image, sexuality, gender, or religious concern
- Feel better about yourself
- Think about relationship issues
- Feel more at peace
- Feel more connected with people in your life
- Reduce stress
- Work through problems with a skilled & compassionate professional
- Identify goals for living the kind of life you would like to live
- Learn new behaviours and/or responses which may help you achieve your goals
- Understand your own thoughts, feelings & responses better
- Understand your loved ones better
- Have a safe and friendly listener; someone who is non-judgmental & supportive
- Speak with a skilled & interested professional about your fears & concerns
- Talk in confidence about troubling or private concerns
- Work towards greater fulfilment and mastery in your life
The Counseling Psychologists at Ramdhar Maheshwari Counseling Centre (RMCC) can help you identify, understand, and develop skills to resolve your personal concerns. Counseling is an educational process which enables a student to learn more about him or herself. It is a chance to talk over what is on your mind with an objective person who can help you learn new skills and new ways of looking at situations, so that you will be more capable of solving future problems on your own.
You deserve to live a fulfilling life abundant with happiness. Sometimes it is good to stop and reflect on our lives and our feelings, so that we can grow as a person and live a truly blissful life.